Saturday, July 5, 2008

Vegan Mousse with Rasberry Sauce! No way! Way.


So we were sitting around in this miserable heat hungry for something. What could I bake that required no baking? I flipped through the trusty Joy of Vegan Baking and found a recipe for chocolate mousse. No baking, just some fridge time. Also, this is like, the easiest thing ever in the history of history.

Traditionally, mousse is made with really disgusting items such as milk, butter, eggs, and heavy cream (dear lord no!). Here is what this recipe will require of you:

1 cup non dairy chocolate chips
12 ounces silken tofu
1/2 soy milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Whaaaaat? lol no way! WAY! Easy as pie! (okay not really but you know..) Zap the chips in the micro for 2 minutes, stirring along the way. Process the tofu, milk, vanilla and chocolate. Um, okay, you're done. Muhahaha! This tastes AWESOME, very chocolaty and fluffy.

I decided to make a pie out of this, because I have no individual serving dishes, and I can't buy any more dishes because apparently an elf made my kitchen. I used a pre-made graham cracker crust, but I think next time I will go for the gold and get a chocolate cookie crust. It's probably not vegan, but as you know, I'm not 100% vegan anyway. So there.

For the topping, I did a raspberry sauce- also, ridiculously easy. Take 2 cups of fresh raspberries (about two packs) and process with 1/4 cup of sugar or sucanat. Chill in an air tight container.

Oh, what the heck is SUCANAT?? Don't worry, I looked it up. It's actually an acronym for sugar cane natural. Thank you wikipedia. Here's the article if you are so inclined to read about it.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Mmm... I think I'm going to make this...

Em said...

Do it.