Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spinach Riocotta Pasta


Another awesome 5 ingredient pasta. This dish came out incredibly cheesy, so I think for next time we will modify.

Ingredients:
Spinach Fettuccine
1/4 cup ricotta per person
Big ol' bunch of fresh spinach
Parmesan cheese
Margarine tbsp or so

The original recipe says to mix 1/2 cup of pasta water with a full cup of ricotta. This made a crazy cheese sauce of types, that was a bit too much for me. So for next time, I think we will simply cook the pasta, mix in the tbsp of margarine, then top with about 1/4 ricotta , steamed spinach, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

What I really like about the 5 ingredient book, is that she has all these quick tips, that save you time and dishes. For this recipe, she writes to steam the spinach in the same pot you just used for the pasta, with only the water from the freshly rinsed spinach. This worked perfectly, and saved me (err my dishwasher) from washing another pot.

Taste rating: 7 this time- too cheesy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Dishes used: one big pot, and some bowls.

No comments: