Thursday, February 9, 2012

Back in the saddle...

I'm back! It's a new year, and though it might be the end of the world on December 21, we all should live like we will make it to 90. Maybe 95.  So this year I am trying to go as VEGAN as possible. I know. Me? I love cheese! I'm a cheese WHORE! Cheetos, nachos, quesadillas, mac and cheese... I have always loved it all.  And as a vegetarian I always poured on the cheese with the excuse that I was getting good protein from cheese products. But after viewing Forks Over Knives I was re-inspired. If you have yet to view this film, you should. It made me realize that I was stuck in the "Pleasure" loop, coffee in the morning, diet coke in the afternoon, tired ALL the time.  I have only been sans animal products, including dairy, for a few weeks and my energy level is much better. I wake up better, sleep better, and don't have to nap during the day.  I never thought about the effects of dairy, but now I hope I never go back. The licking of Cheetos laden fingertips is just not worth it.

So I've dived back in, researching and cooking new meals. Many of my friends have asked for the recipes, so I will post away. It's February, the month of love... so let's get cooking!

No comments: